VESICULAR CARRIER LOADED IN-SITU THIXOTROPIC FORMULATIONS FOR GLAUCOMA: AN OVERVIEW OF RECENT ADVANCEMENT IN OCULAR DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM

  • Aayush kumar Jha
Keywords: .

Abstract

Glaucoma, a disorder designated by increased intraocular pressure leading to injure of optic nerve is a mainstream cause for temporary vision loss. (Rathore et al; 2010, Jung et.al; 2013)  Innumerable orthodox approaches for drug delivery are developed as solutions and suspensions in form of eye drops. Nevertheless, the management of glaucoma has been a defacing affair for the health care professionals. It is owing to the verity that the patient adherence to the medication is been miserable. Due to incompliance with dosing regimen, more than 70% patients have been discouraged for coherence   to the medication till the disease gets managed and consequently re-medication is required to resolve the enigma.        ( Urtti et al ;  2006, Shafaa et al ; 2011, Dave and Paliwal ; 2014) This paramount financial oppression on patients. Further, among the patients who are adhered to proper medication, less than 5 % of the drug  reaches to the action site. (Paulsson et al;   1999, Urtti et al;  2006, Gan et al ;  2013) Remaining 95% of drugs either gets drained by tear, as well as are unable to cross the various biological barriers present in the anatomical sections of eye. Overall, the ocular bioavailability of drug becomes eminently minimal. Any bid to increase ocular bioavailability by amplifying  the dose, however leads to severe adverse effect and toxicity progenies

Published
2019-06-09
How to Cite
Jha, A. kumar. (2019). VESICULAR CARRIER LOADED IN-SITU THIXOTROPIC FORMULATIONS FOR GLAUCOMA: AN OVERVIEW OF RECENT ADVANCEMENT IN OCULAR DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM. Mintage Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Sciences (ISSN: 2320-3315). Retrieved from http://mjpms.in/index.php/mjpms/article/view/441